Matthew 5:8; Psalm 119:9; 1 Timothy 4:12; Romans 13:14; Philippians 4:8
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:8
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8
“Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
FOCUS: Living In Wisdom
The Kneel Year is an exploration of what it means to worship God with our all (Luke 10:26-28) and to use our influence to lead others to do the same. We know that as we pursue a life of worship, we will pursue a life of both wisdom and mission. Throughout this year we will study and pursue the wisdom of God through the book of Proverbs and the mission of God through the book of Acts, and we will learn how both of these things must inform and shape our influence as Jesus followers!
Every student should know:
• What wisdom is.
• Why wisdom is worthy to be pursued.
• How to grow in wisdom.
Every student should strive to:
• Read through the book of Proverbs one time each month.
• Memorize the Bible verse each week.
• Repent of the ways they have not pursued God and His wisdom.
Every student should feel:
• Love for God who gives all wisdom.
• Satisfied and secure in the wisdom of God.
• Responsible to use their influence to live for Jesus alone.
Every student should want:
• To fear the Lord and keep His commandments.
• To live their lives in pursuit of true wisdom.
• To guard their heart from all impurity.